Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ah! another week on the road. Great, he said sardonically. Can't wait.But there have been some surprises.

The Town (or city) of Woodland, CA is featured in USA Today as having a funny smell no one can find. Great PR, that. National coverage that your town stinks. I bet they are proud. Most of the complaints come from residents who moved next to the sewage plant. I bet they forgot that their shit stinks too. You look at a house next to a sewage plant, move in and then complain about the smell. Reminds me of Dennis Miller (back when he was funny) telling Americans not to blame the inventor of the fork because they have a fat ass. Or maybe residents outside of Denver who moved into a horse community by the airport complaining because the jets are noisy. What part of BY THE AIRPORT don't you understand.

I woke two nights ago dreaming of a womans's face and could not place it. Then I remembered it was the archangel Gabrielle from constantine. and it was on tv just last night and this night and probably many more nights. What a babe--okay she was batshit, but still really cute. One nice thing about cable is you never have to miss CSI, Law and Order, Law and Order SVU... So many crimes, so little time.

Countryside Mortgage brokers are going to refinance marginal loans that people would default on. Popular opinion is credited with their change of heart. Remember, this is the company whose president sold $130,000,000 of stock six months before the collapse because he wanted fluid investments, not because he knew they were screwed with bad paper. I am sure it is not public opinion or bad press, but that some accountant found out that they would own so many houses to liquidate they would lose their ass, so this looks good.

I finished a well-written book, Solstice Wood, recommended by the good folks at the Endicott Studio for Mythic Arts. I was so frustrated by the great and vivid written depictions of people who do not trust fairy, the fay or the Otherworld. I was pissed. These things exist and they are potent. and not Eivil. Think MAP sessions, Reiki, Jo Rei, et al. Actually, I was angry and thought about the Cold War, the war of US versus THEM. Good, good book. I will not give away the ending, except to say I wish it slower and more detailed, as it tasted so good.

rojo

No comments: