Thursday, October 11, 2007

Whoa!

I have been on the road for about 7 seven weeks with stops all around California and weekends at home with my love, Meridy, and my daughter. Tonight I have eaten one of, if not the best, fish dinner I have ever eaten!!!!!

I love pho. But tonight was something very different--cod and mussels in a butter and taragon sauce. Holy Cow! I could not leave any food on the plate. Cod was firm and tender, masterfully cooked, crisp and slightly carmelized on the outside and moist but not flaccid on the inside. Ho!!!!!!So if you are ever in Brentwood, CO head up Brentwood Blvd. past the Safeway and right on Sunset for one block. Turn left at the light and pull into Shutters Brasierre. Best seafood meal I had this side of seared scallops in chorizo broth at Aix in Denver or divers scallops at the long-gone Emma's in Denver. Goodness. almost better than sex.

BTW, if ever in Richmond, CA try the sardines, capers and garlic in a butter white wine reduction at Salute.

rojo

No comments: