Thursday, July 21, 2011

Water Stuff

Gosh, a bunch of things—

I see those pesky Republican Congressmen just can’t wait to find 1958. They passed a resolution to defund the Clean Water Act. Yup, let’s go back to the good old days of burning rivers. (the text with the link is good) Yes, they want rivers to look like this. Unbelievable!

If Michelle Bachman suffers from “have to go get a shot of Demerol” headaches, then she really would have a hard time being President. She would need a dynamite VP with whom she works well. I know, because my wife has those.

I saw on the news that a mine in Sutter County has opened up and in the first year produced 10,000 ounces of gold. To get that, they have to crush 20,000 TONS of rock. That is a lot of spoils.

And I found a story that talks about how Teflon components were again found in drinking water near the factories and those who drink that water have an abnormally high cancer rate, but I lost the link. This is the best I can do.

rojo

No comments: