Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Loving Deacon

Erick Erickson, editor of the popular conservative megablog RedState, conceded that progressives currently enjoy an advantage over conservatives online — though he attributed it to an asymmetry in free time, since conservatives “have families because we don’t abort our kids, and we have jobs because we believe in capitalism.”

I am so glad I have so much free time on my hands. After all, protecting the environment and making drinking water safe takes so little time. Things he forgot that progressives do in their spare time, aside from blogging, as they don't work hard--
1) eat their children
2) rock and roll
3) illegal sex (otherwise why would animal/human hybrids be such a big issue)
4) drink and drugs to excess (that is probably why there is so little blogging and reading, even though we must be unemployed, our brains are spaced out)

Is this man straight out of 1964-1968 and where did they find the time capsule with him in it? I haven't heard that venal of an accusation since the "dirty hippies" were excoriated for having no drive and principles. and wanting only to mooch off of the hard-working regular folk. I am in shock that people could be so misinformed. I have a Cadillac driven only by a welfare queen to sell him. Low miles, she could not afford the gas.

He categorizes himself as a normal person living in middle Georgia. He was a lawyer and is a deacon. Not uneducated, nor inexperienced. It is not often you find someone as judgmental and venal and hate-filled and still be a deacon. I bet his congregation members are a lovely bunch. Actually, I have no idea.

That may be the difference between me and him. I do not know how he lives and even though I say some mean things after not meeting him, only reading his writing, I really don't know him. I have formulated a few yucks at his expense, but I don't really know him.

It is no more fair of me to condemn him without knowing him than for him to condemn liberal and progressive bloggers as non-child bearing, do nothings--willing to live off of the efforts of the "Hard workers" of the capitalist society.

Judgment is easy. Love is not.

rojo

No comments: